Our new academy has got off to a great start since opening its doors on Wednesday 5 May. A huge thanks to students, families and staff for working together to achieve so much in such a short time. Here are some recent highlights we'd like to share:
- Eight students are working hard with the Transforming Lives Project to help raise aspirations and build resilience
- The SAFE Team is in each week supporting our hard-to-reach students
- An NHS professional is working with our students to help support their mental health and wellbeing
- Successful staff training has been completed around SEN with an educational psychologist
- Our Year 11s have successfully completed their final week of assessments.
And last but not least, as we don't have a therapy dog (yet!) at Nene Valley, Head of School Richard Rushton brought in ducklings Myrtle and Wout – this went down very well with our students and staff.
We’re excited to celebrate our Year 11 leavers breakfast on Friday 28 May and wish you all a relaxing half term break – we look forward to welcoming you all back on Monday 7 June.